The Benefits of Rent-to-Own Equipment
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Want to try before you buy? If you aren’t in a position to buy just yet but still need a new piece of equipment, renting could be the answer. A Rental Purchase Option (RPO) from NMC The Cat® Rental Store can add flexibility and convenience to your purchase and make it easier to get the equipment you need without added risk.
This rent-to-own option is available on all of our rental equipment and applies all or most of your rental payments to the purchase price of the machinery. Combine this with our flexible financing options, and we can help any piece of equipment fit into your budget.
How Does It Work?
In our RPO program, the length of your rental affects how much of the rental rate gets applied to the sale price:
- RPO contracts do not exceed an overall term of 12 rental invoices (28 day cycles)
- First six rental invoices: 100% of the rental rate gets applied to the sale price during the first six months.
- Six-12 rental invoices: 80% of the rental rate is applied to the sale price.
- There is no penalty for terminating the RPO contract at any time.
- Renting the equipment does not impact your bonding potential; the rent can act as a down payment when applying for financing at the end of the RPO term.
Whether your rental is for the short or long term, you can still expect to make significant contributions to the sale price of the equipment. Note that the RPO contract must be signed within 28 days from the start of the rental contract. After the rental period, any machine finance charges, maintenance and repairs will be added to the final sale price.
Why Rent to Own?
When you sign up for the rent-to-own option, you’re taking advantage of:
- Quality equipment: Get new or late-model, low-hour machinery from Caterpillar and other manufacturers such as JLG, Genie, Cat Generators, Sullair and other manufacturers to help you get the job done right. We ensure thorough maintenance on each piece of machinery and take careful records to provide a holistic view of the equipment’s history.
- Peace of mind: There’s no commitment to buy during the period, so you can evaluate the machine without being locked into a purchase. Renting is an excellent way to make sure a piece of equipment is right for your operation before you buy.
- Building equity: If you do decide to pursue the RPO option, the money you put toward your rental gets recovered in the purchase price.
- Flexibility: Between having time to choose if you want to buy and being able to access our financing options, you enjoy plenty of flexibility. We’ll help you find the right purchase option for your organization.
RPO is a great way to make sure a piece of machinery fits into your operation while providing maximum value from our rental rates.
Go RPO With NMC The Cat® Rental Store — Request a Quote Today
NMC Cat has been delivering quality machinery for over 80 years. Today, we provide dependable equipment and exceptional support to clients throughout Nebraska and in parts of Iowa. Whether you need to rent or buy earthmoving machines, power systems, aerial lifts or any of our other pieces of rent-to-own rental equipment, the RPO program makes it easy. We’ll help you meet your operation’s needs with flexible financing and rental options.