Guide to Renting Industrial Pumps
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Are you looking for a hard-working pump to move materials such as trash, sewage, wastewater, sludge or petroleum? If you’re like many companies that want to cut costs without cutting corners when it comes to performance and reliability, an industrial pump rental can provide the ideal solution.
If you need to rent industrial pumps in Nebraska or Pottawattamie County, Iowa, NMC The Cat Rental Store carries the right product for your project at an affordable rate. We’ll help you choose from our extensive pump inventory and provide exceptional service every step of the way.
What Types of Pumps Are Available?
Industrial pumps come in multiple versions to meet various job site requirements. Available options include:
- Submersible: These pumps feature a sealed motor that enables them to operate underwater. They work by using pressurized water from the surface to power the hydraulic motor, which helps prevent cavitation (the formation of vapor-filled cavities caused by rapid changes in pressure). Submersible pumps can be single or multi-stage units. Single units are typically used for applications such as drainage, sewage and slurry pumping, while multi-stage units work well for various residential and commercial extraction projects.
- Trash: A portable trash pump rental is an excellent choice when you need to pump large volumes of water containing soft and hard materials such as leaves, twigs, sludge and mud. Their unique design, which consists of deep impeller vanes and a large discharge opening, helps to prevent clogs. Unlike submersible pumps that rely on pressurized water, trash pumps operate via centrifugal force that pulls the water upward.
- Towable: Renting a towable pump offers a convenient, cost-effective solution for companies that must relocate the unit at different areas of the site or transport it between multiple locations. It attaches easily to the hitch of a vehicle such as a pickup truck or van.
When Should You Consider Renting a Pump?
An industrial pump rental makes sense if you want to:
- Add to your fleet quickly when experiencing a sudden increase in project volume.
- Try out equipment you’re thinking of purchasing before making a commitment.
- Avoid tying up capital that you could use in other areas of your business operations.
- Reduce costs such as maintenance, repairs and storage.
- Get access to the latest technologies that will enable you to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Acquire a model that can perform a task that’s beyond the scope of your current equipment inventory.
- Gain a competitive edge by reassuring prospective customers that you have the right machine for their projects.
Why Choose NMC The Cat Rental Store?
Your nearby NMC The Cat Rental Store location carries a wide assortment of trash, submersible and towable pumps for rent in a variety of flow rates and maximum pumping capacities. Please view our current inventory and make your selection today. You can also stop by one of our stores, contact us by phone at 855.NMC.RENT or reach out online for more useful tips on renting industrial pumps.