Guide to Renting a Scissor Lift
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Scissor lifts offer a safer alternative to shaky ladders and unstable scaffolding when working at heights. They can easily accommodate workers and their tools and equipment when performing tasks such as building maintenance, construction, material handling in warehouses and big-box retail stores, and production or manufacturing work that requires lifting heavy loads.
For many companies, a scissor lift lease or rental offers the most convenient and cost-effective solution for acquiring one of these versatile, efficient aerial work platforms. If you’re in Nebraska or Pottawattamie County, Iowa, NMC The Cat Rental Store is your one-stop source for a wide variety of scissor lifts at competitive daily, weekly, monthly and long-term rates.
Types of Scissor Lift Rentals
If you’re in the market for a scissor lift rental, you can choose from the following types:
- Hydraulic: This scissor lift relies on the changing pressure of hydraulic oil to move the platform up or down. These easy-to-use machines are available in engine-driven or manually operated versions and are ideally suited for light-duty lifting applications.
- Electric: These scissor lifts rely on electric motors to raise and lower the platform. Because they are quiet and don’t burn fossil fuels that emit potentially toxic fumes, they’re an excellent choice for indoor work environments.
- Diesel: A diesel scissor lift is a popular choice for construction sites due to its rugged design and high-reach capacity — up to 60 feet depending on the model. On the other hand, these machines are noisy and the diesel fumes can be overwhelming, so they are typically limited to outdoor use.
- Pneumatic: These machines use changes in air pressure to power the lifting and lowering mechanism. Although they’re typically more expensive to rent than other lift types, they require little maintenance and don’t need fuel or electricity to operate.
- Rough terrain: These lifts are the best choice when working on uneven ground. They include heavy-duty tires, higher weight capacity and a host of safety features such as arrestors and fall restraints.
Considerations When Choosing a Scissor Lift Rental
Factors to consider when selecting the right scissor lift for your applications include:
- Work environment: Are you planning to use the machine indoors, outdoors or on uneven terrain?
- Lift height: Scissor lifts are available with lift heights ranging from 10 to 60 feet, so make sure your rental has the appropriate capacity.
- Platform size and weight capacity: Your scissor lift’s platform should be large and sturdy enough to accommodate workers and the tools and equipment they need to do the job.
- Use frequency: Will your scissor lift be operating continuously or occasionally?
Learn More About Our Selection of Scissor Lift Rentals
NMC The Cat Rental Store offers mechanical and manual scissor lift rentals from JLG, Genie, Skyjack and other leading manufacturers. We’ll help you choose the best machine for your applications and budget and set up a flexible, affordable rental agreement that works for your business.