Guide to Renting a Boom Lift
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Boom lifts, also known as cherry pickers, man lifts and bucket trucks, are aerial work platforms that enable workers to perform various tasks at heights. They feature a long arm (known as a boom) attached to a bucket-like platform that extends upward. The maneuverability of the boom allows the worker to reach a variety of elevated positions efficiently and safely.
A boom lift lease or rental can provide a cost-effective solution for companies that only have an occasional need for this equipment. NMC The Cat Rental Store serves all your boom lift rental needs in Nebraska or Pottawattamie County, Iowa. Our stores carry a large selection of aerial work platforms from Genie, JLG and other reputable manufacturers.
Boom Lift Rental Options
When you’re searching for a boom lift rental for your business, you’ll likely come across the following machine types:
- Straight: As the name implies, these boom lifts extend much like a telescope, which is why they’re sometimes referred to as telescopic boom lifts. This straight arm attaches to a small, rotating bucket. Because the boom does not bend, it provides a safe solution for working at extreme heights — some models feature a platform height of 180 feet or more. Typical applications include tree trimming and performing power line repairs.
- Articulating: These boom lifts have an arm consisting of multiple joints that enable it to bend, offering more flexibility than a straight lift. This feature allows the arm and bucket to reach around obstacles and maneuver in confined areas. Choose this machine if you need to perform tasks such as exterior maintenance and cleaning or piping repairs.
- Towable: A trailer-mounted boom lift is ideal for rental situations, since you can attach it to a hitch on your work truck and easily transport it to and from the job site. It’s an excellent choice for seasonal applications or when you frequently need to move the machine around the site.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Boom Lift Rental
When you’re looking for the right boom lift for your operations, consider factors such as:
- Lift height: A telescopic boom lift typically offers more lift height than an articulating model, making it the better option when working at maximum heights.
- Maneuverability: If you are working indoors or will encounter various obstacles at your job site, an articulating boom provides a safer and more flexible solution.
- Terrain: A straight boom lift offers more stability, a crucial factor if you need to place the machine on rugged or uneven ground.
- Frequent movement: A towable boom gives you more flexibility if you must frequently move the lift around the work area or from one job site to another.
Explore Your Boom Lift Rental Options Today
The rental specialists at any NMC The Cat Rental Store location are happy to help you choose the right boom lift for your applications and budget. Feel free to contact us by phone at 855.NMC.RENT or reach out online for more information and a no-obligation quote.