Construction Equipment Rentals for Snow Removal
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Does your construction company keep working throughout the year? Are you a landscaper who does snow removal to generate additional income and keep your crews employed during the winter? Maybe your business needs heavy equipment to keep your parking lots and other areas of your property clear and safe after snowy weather.
No matter your snow removal needs, there are many compact construction equipment rental options to help you get the job done. You can also choose from a wide range of attachments designed specifically for removing snow.
Exploring the Different Types of Snow Removal Equipment
Examples of the many compact construction machines that work well for getting rid of snow include:
- Backhoe loaders: The versatile backhoe features a loader on the front and an excavator on the back, enabling you to dig, scoop and load snow with one machine. They also generate a high torque level to move large volumes of heavy, wet snow quickly and efficiently.
- Skid steer loaders: An agile skid steer is ideal for removing snow in confined areas or when you must maneuver around cars or other obstacles. Their low per-square-inch surface contact area also exerts more downward pressure on the attachment, producing better scraping action.
- Track loaders: A compact track loader features a suspended undercarriage that provides excellent traction and stability on snow or ice-covered surfaces. This design places less stress on landscaped areas.
- Wheel loaders: Also known as front-end loaders, these machines provide more pushing power when removing heavy amounts of snow and ice over a large area. They provide enhanced visibility when working in congested areas or at night.
Which Attachments Should You Use for Snow Removal?
Your choice of attachment depends on the conditions and the type of compact construction machine you’re using to remove snow. Available options include:
- Brooms: A broom enables you to sweep away lighter snow on streets and parking lots.
- Pushes: Consider using a snow push for moving large volumes of loose snow.
- Plows: Plow attachments are available in straight or V-shaped configurations for an efficient snow removal solution.
- Blowers: A snow blower has a vertical chute and deflector that propel loose snow off to the side of a roadway.
- Buckets: Bucket attachments allow you to dig into and scoop up massive piles of snow with ease.
- Blades: Blades enable you to push snow aside at varying angles.
NMC The Cat Rental Store: Your One-Stop Snow Removal Headquarters
NMC The Cat Rental Store serves the snow removal equipment needs of companies throughout Nebraska and Pottawattamie County, Iowa. We carry a wide selection of Cat compact construction equipment and an assortment of attachments for rent at competitive rates. We also have the expertise to help you make the best match between machine, work tool and application.
Feel free to call us at 855.NMC.RENT to discuss your snow removal project. You can also contact us online for more information.